Firefox repeatedly tells me my virtual memory is too low.
I frequently receive a message from Firefox stating that my virtual memory is too low and that you will add to this memory. I also get a message informing me that Firefox is not responding so I re-boot this works but it happens repeatedly.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
8-10 weeks ago
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
You can check the Virtual Memory settings here: Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings (Advanced tab)
Windows can manage more memory then is physical available and that memory is stored in a page file on your hard drive.
If the size of that file is not large enough and all available memory is in use then you get the Virtual Memory is low warning.
Make sure that you have at least 1 GB or the recommended setting for the Virtual Memory.
If you have less than 1 GB physical memory installed on your computer then if possible add more memory.
The firefox is consuming too much memory! With one tab, is using 351kb! How to fix this? Ah, I checked my virtual memory and it is more than 1GB... What I can do?