I can't uninstall Video Download Helper 4.9 with Firefox manually.
I installed Video download Helper 4.9 for Firefox. It does not have any way to uninstall. I went to Firefox help and followed the instructions to manually remove it by typing about:config in the location bar. I followed the instructions but after typing in about:plugins a list came up but not the page with FILE NAME followed by a path. The plug-in I am trying to remove was not on the list. How do I remove it? Thanks
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- APIX Mozilla Plugin
- fluxDVD Browser Helper Plugin
- Bing Bar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- MPDRM License Acquisition Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Funny, I do not see it in the list of installed plug-ins either. It is on my location bar area on the left side on my page though.
That is an extension.
You can uninstall extensions via the Tools > Add-ons > Extensions page.
Thanks for your reply. I went to tools, add ons but it does not appear on the list. I know it is on my computer because I see the icon and when I click it the page opens and I am able to use it. This is really confusing me. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks
Can you post an extensions list from Help > Troubleshooting Information ?
I am sorry to say I have finally removed it but do not remember how. I tried so many things and was busy to the point where it all just got mixed together in my mind. I wish I could post how for the others that get this ad-on. They sure do not make it easy to remove once you have it on your computer. Thanks for trying to help. Bobby