How do I permanently remove the Yahoo toolbar which simply appeared the other day and which I do not want?
The Yahoo toolbar simply appeared at start up the other day. I don't want it, won't use it, and want to get rid of it. The two suggestions on your Help didn't relate: Click on the "Pencil Menu"--what and where is that? Can't find anything that remotely appears to be a Pencil Menu. 2nd: Go to Tools, click on Extension--no such thing on my Tools menu anywhere.
Real help, please!
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- eMusic Download Manager and eMusic Remote Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
- Problematic extensions - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- Which version of toolbar do I have? | Toolbar 8 Help pictures of pencil
- Issues related to plugins - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- too late to avoid -- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/javainstall.png/
- Probable answer through the Yahoo toolbar itself http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110601181801AAtVG3p
Fixed it! On the top left of the firefox screen there is a box marked "Edit". If you right click on this, you are given the option of selecting the toolbars displayed. If you uncheck Yahoo Toolbar, it disappears.
Firefox is great but these continual requests to install the Yahoo Toolbar makes me wonder if I shouldn't return to Windows Internet Explorer.
Hope this fixes the problem for you.
I opened my FF today and also found that the Yahoo toolbar had appeared. I don't want to hide it I want to remove it completely, however there seems to be no way to do this. Is one of the Fierfox add ons doing this? In the past I could uninstall but this is not possible this time.
By trial and error, I discovered how to solve this problem of removing the Yahoo! Toolbar from the Firefox Browser. This is how you do it: Make sure you are opened on Firefox Browser. Go to the TOP LEFT HAND corner of your screen. You will find a Label/Button with the name "Firefox". Put your cursor over "Firefox" button and "click" open the Firefox drop-down menu. On the RIGHT column of the menu you will see:
Bookmarks History Downloads Add-ons Options Help
Scroll down to "Options" --> And then move to Open the Options sub-menu.
Scroll down Options sub-menu.
You will see:
Options Menu Bar Navigation Toolbar Bookmarks Toolbar Yahoo! Toolbar Add-on Bar Tabs on Top Toolbar Layout
Scroll down to "Yahoo! Toolbar" and uncheck it.
Your Yahoo! Toolbar will then be automatically be removed from your Window.
Problem Solved !!!!
Modified by gnoelj
click on top left of firefox,search for addons,below it is options,click on it and simply uncheck yahoo toolbar,it will disappear immediately.
finally found how to remove the Yahoo toolbar! go to
Tools AddOns Extensions
Find Yahoo Toolbar and click "remove" ... after you do this you must re-start Firefox but then it's gone!!
Thanks Chris! That worked fine!
tried all sorts to get rid of the yahoo search,but non worked,then at the last resort i deleted Firefox,opened "regedit" and removed all traces of Mozilla Firefox from the registry,then re-installed Firefox and success........good riddance to yahoo search.
RavenIII's solution is the one you want to remove the Yahoo! Toolbar. All the other options simply "hide" or don't show the toolbar, however, it is still on your computer...
Modified by identical1
You can remove Yahoo! Toolbar just like any other Firefox Add-on (also called an Extension in older versions of Firefox).
Here are the steps:
1. Click the Tools menu at the top left of the Firefox browser. 2. Click Add-ons or Extensions in the Tools menu (depending on which version of Firefox you have). 3. In the window that opens, scroll until you find Yahoo! Toolbar and click on it. 4. Click Uninstall or Remove. 5. Click again when you are prompted to confirm. 6. Close the Add-ons Manager or Extensions Manager, and restart your browser. 7. Yafuckinhoo!!!you have deleted the yahoo toolbar, thank F**K (~_^)
PS. using View/toolbars/un-check or un-tick only hides the yahoo toolbar and doesn't remove it.
Modified by almurry35
How can I permanently remove a tool bar from Fire Fox 6.0.1 Actual problem is I downloaded game along with that game a tool bar installed with fire fox. How can I permanently remove it from fire fox. Please can anybody clearly explain how to remove that installed tool bar. Please see the attachment marked in black color at three parts of the window.
Go to Help > Click Restart with Add-ons Disabled > Select Restart > Check Disable All Add-ons and Reset Tool bars and Controls (you may check any others if needed) > Click Make Changes and Restart.
I hope this helps because it worked for me(=