how to block images specific site
Firefox 4->I want to block images being displayed for a specific site only. I copy and paste the url from the site eg http://www.rottentomatoes.com, then i go to Options->Content tab->(Load images automatically is ticked because I want all images to load except for one site)->I click Exceptions button next to this->I paste in the above site and click to 'Block'->then i click 'Close' then 'OK'. I refresh the page, images are not blocked on this site and display as normal. I clear the cache under the Advanced tab->Network, same problem, i close and reopen firefox same problem, images display as normal for the site. Only if i choose to not display images for ALL sites does it work but of course I do not want this, I only want it for one site. This seems like a bug? How do i fix this?
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
You can block images from a specific domain by going to Tools > Page Info > Media and place a check mark on an image from that domain. That will block all images from that domain.
Thanks, that works, any idea why the method I posted does not work?
You can check the domain that host the images to see if those images come from elsewhere and not from the main site that you had added as an exception.