how do I default downloads to the desktop
How to I send dowloads to the decktop?
Additional System Details
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
- Save files to:
If selected, Firefox will automatically save all downloads to the specified folder (such as the desktop or your downloads folder). To change which folder is used, click Browse....
- Always ask me where to save files:
If selected, Firefox will ask you to select a folder for every download you wish to save.
I'm having very different problem: while I set folders in settings quite allright .... it's what happens when said folder is not available (external disk detached): Firefox defaults to Downloads folder then .... So my question is: How do I change that default folder to say Desktop, so that next time when explicitly set target is not available it'll default to a folder of my choosing?
I finally found the answer. Click on Firefox on the upper left of your screen. Then choose Preferences. There will be a selection there to indicate where you want your downloads to be saved. I use the desktop because that way when you are finished with them you will not have them cluttering up your hard drive. You can always save them to a folder later.