Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

i cant get rid of this(http://www.searchqu.com/406) software did all i know how to do!

kd5blo

this software will not go away i deleted it and its still there. it over rides my setting. i have done everything but wipe the hd

this software will not go away i deleted it and its still there. it over rides my setting. i have done everything but wipe the hd

All Replies (22)

I was not able to modify any config setting till I uninstalled Searchqu toolbar. 1. I found an Uninstall.exe file in

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Searchqu Toolbar\"      directory -
I run that first. 
If Unistall file is not there I suppose one can delete all files in that directory and 

remove all registry entries related to searchqu by typing regedit and finding all entries related to searchqu and deleteing them. 2. I removed extension. (Tools->Add-ons->Extensions) 3. then I was able to modify Config entries by typing about:config in an address bar and filtering by searchqu and modifying all entries similar to what author of the post suggested.


So my $0.02 - try to find uninstall.exe first or delete toolbar my other means Then you should be able to do other stuff like changing you homepage.

Many thanks, this worked perfectly.

  1. 1
  2. 2