How can I tell if my firefox is running in 64 bit? (I went to play something on netflix and it said I needed to restart in 32 bit mode, now I want to go back to 64 bit mode)
I went to play something on netflix and it said I needed to restart in 32 bit mode, so I clicked restart in 32 bit mode and all it did was exit firefox and reload everything. At that point im guessing its in 32 bit mode now because I can now play movies on netflix. I wanna know how i can test to see if its in 32 bit or 64 bit ; and also how to go back to 64 bit.
Additional System Details
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Contribute Plug-inInbrowser Editor Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
There are currently no 64-bit versions of Firefox available, so your system is running the 32-bit version.
Try running Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode. If it functions properly in that configuration, then one of your add-ons is the culprit.
On a Mac, Firefox 4 is a 64 bit application.
Not all plugins support 64 bit and if not then you need to start Firefox in 32 bit mode to use that plugin.
- Close Firefox
- Open the Applications folder in Finder
- Right click or control-click the Firefox.app icon
- Select "Get Info"
- Select or Deselect "Open in 32-bit mode"
- Close the "Firefox Info" window
- Restart Firefox
You're right co-rel. Apologies for the error pacific-ninja. There's an illustration of it on this forum: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1122762