This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I use Google in the search bar in the top right of the screen I alway get a 404 Error. al other search engines work fine. Why?
Question When I use Google in the search bar in the top right of the screen I alway get a 404 Error. All other search engines work fine. Why?
All Replies (2)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Thanks for the reply. I originally tried that and it did not work. What did work was deleting Google from the available search engines and then going to the Mozilla site of search engines and reinstalling Google US.