The forward and back arrows are grayed out so I can't return to a previous page. It is ever since I got the latest upgrade to Firefox. How can I get the forward and back buttons to activate?
Ever since I upgraded to a new version of Firefox (not 4.0), my forward and back buttons do not work. I very much need to move forward and back, otherwise I have to start my searches from scratch, which is very unproductive and annoying. How can I restore the activation of my back button arrow? Thanks!
Additional System Details
- GameTap Web Player
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Fun Web Products Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Click the Firefox button, go to Add-ons, then Plugins and disable the following:
- Fun Web Products Plugin
- My Web Search
Both of these are adware/spyware and cause performance issues in Firefox.
Next, click the Extensions menu link (above Plugins where you are) and remove the "Ask Toolbar".
If the problem persists, please do the following:
- Click Help | Restart with Add-ons disabled.
- In the next menu which appears, checkmark: "Reset toolbars and Controls".
- Finally, click the button called "Make changes and restart".
Just in case you weren't aware of it, you can right click the Back or Forward buttons to get a list of sites visited. If you'd like to see the return of the arrow on the Back button, install this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/backforward-dropmarker/
Last but not least, some of your plugins are seriously out of date which exposes your system to exploits. Please visit the Plugins Check page and update where necessary.