firefox requires 10.5. My mac is osx 10.5.8. Why can't I use the new firefox?
The latest firefox requires osx 10.5. My mac is 10.5.8 but the latest firefox will not run on my mac. I am allowed to download it but it will not function after I download it. With my present firefox I am denied many functions on various sites, particularly on youtube.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Test Your JVM.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Verified Download Plugin
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Shockwave Flash 6.0 r47
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/188.8.131.52
Mac Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space