I download, setup and install(upgrade) Firefox 4.0.1 When I click on Mozilla Firefox icon I get the Features tour - how do i START Firefox ?
I don't know how to ask the question any more explicitly than I already have -
1) I download Firefox 4.0.1 to the Downloads folder 2) I dblclick on the downloaded file - it opens, extracts and builds the setup file 3) I dbl-click the setup file - it opens and sets up Firefox - actually an upgrade 4) I close the downloads folder 5 I click on START icon 6 I dbl-click on Firefox Icon The features and tour program opens - I have searched everywhere I can to OPEN firefox and start browsing but cannot
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
Whenever I download/setup/install/upgrade Firefox 4.0.1
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I don't know where to go find the Help> troubleshooting information - only thing I saw was - We haven't had this kind of question before
See these articles for some suggestions:
- Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix
- How to set the home page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols