Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

f9ab70f5-4562-49d7-a661-3535ba19f8ed AND bp-dd27c49b-510c-4cfb-a4c8-b4dec2110506

skin

I am having serious crashes just after upgrading to firefox 4. I have not been able to browse for longer than 5mins without a crash. Please Help'

I am having serious crashes just after upgrading to firefox 4. I have not been able to browse for longer than 5mins without a crash. Please Help'

All Replies (3)

The crash reports indicate that it is caused by some form of malware. Checking the list of modules in your second crash report one file that appears to be suspicious is named 945af4a5.dll - some malware uses random names when creating files.

Try running several malware scanners. It is best to run several as each will pick up things that the others miss. Some scanners you can try are:

Thanks a bunch TonyE. I have tried all the remedies you recommended but my firefox is still crashing. pls help. Thank you.

If using the above listed scanners do not fix it then ask advice on one of the forums that specialize in malware removal mentioned in the Popups_not_blocked article.