why am I reminded daily to update Adobe Flash Player. Do I need it and why?
I do not know of which use is Adobe Flash Player? I am reminded daily to update to avoid problems with Firefox. I do not look movies or play games in the internet. When starting to update Adobe Flash Player, I get afraid by the accompanying questions for private data. Tell me what happens when I do not update Adobe Flash Player. Regards Gerhard
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
After the xyth update of Firefox. These updates happen too often now!
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 1.1.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17
Nothing happened when not updating Adobe Flash Player.
It is recommended to update it as the latest version as it includes security updates. A lot of sites use Flash to display their content, it is not just used for movies and games.
You can carry on using your current version of Flash, just be aware that it has published security holes.