how can I increase right edge scrollbar width?
I find the right scrollbar too narrow .
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
from initial set up
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- Version 1.1.4 The Luggage, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110323 Ubuntu/10.10 (maverick) Firefox/3.6.16
For what it is worth, another user had this problem. He inadvertently right clicked on the toolbar (where "File, Edit, View..." is displayed and clicked on "Customize...". When the customization window opened the right scrollbar widened. I did the same with the same results.
Worked for me Why???
It is possible that the window width wasn't correct and that opening the customize window corrected that.
I've spent a lot of time trying to find an understandable way to widen the tiny, narrow scrollbar that's giving me fits. Why is it so very narrow? it's extremely difficult to use. I've read something about a weird CSS code but can't even get an understanding of that. This is all very complicated, even for an advanced user like me. Thanks for any help you all can give me. ec
Go to ( previously Display properties-Windows Color-Advanced) Personalization-Window Color-(tiny bottom link) Advanced Appearance settings. Click on the scrollbar or select scrollbar from dropdown menu. Change size, APPLY!, reboot Firefox. Readjust as needed.