How to hide extension developed by me?
I have developed an extension. I can see extension listed in Extension category under Add-ons. I want to hide my extension but still it should work as expected.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.520
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
This is not possible. There used to be an option to hide extensions, but this was removed in Firefox 3.6 to prevent extensions from being installed in such a way that the user might not be able to tell they're installed.
Ok. I got it, 'install.rdf' no more has this option "em:hidden". But I want to avoid my extension from being tampered. User should not be able to 'Disable' it. How can I do that?
Modified by vikashsonar
You might be better off posting your question in Add-ons developer forum @ https://forums.mozilla.org/addons/
I do not believe there is any way to prevent an extension from being disabled.