how to add "Close Tab" to firefox's right click context menu?
william Hongkong 2011-4-19
Additional System Details
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Do you mean in the general page menu? If you right click on a tab itself you should get the close option.
you simply don't know what the context menu is.
right click anywhere on a page to bring out the context menu
Right-click on a tab to see the contextual menu with Close Tab.
You can use the Menu Editor extension to move menu items around.
thankyou for your message
i know there are plenty of addons that can handle the job
i am in fact looking for whether there is a user setting capable of this
i found two other addons that can do the same thing.
will check out the one you said in your message
'cause the context menu of my firefox is getting longer and longer !
Modified by williamwclee
Yep, the length of contextual menus is why I use the Menu Editor extension.