Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

How to open a Live Bookmark in a new tab by default?

user14654

Is it possible to open a RSS / webfeed in a new tab by default? I mean, open a post from any of my feed streams in the Bookmarks Tool by a single click — not middle click, nor right click.

Is there something I can change or create at about:config?

Thanks a lot.

Is it possible to open a RSS / webfeed in a new tab by default? I mean, open a post from any of my feed streams in the Bookmarks Tool by a single click — not middle click, nor right click. Is there something I can change or create at about:config? Thanks a lot.
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

You can't do this without an extension otherwise via Ctrl left click or a middle click.


All Replies (7)

Try this add-on: Open Link in New Tab

Thanks for your help, Xircal. But I'm afraid that add-on doesn't work the way I need. It's some conditions, but they aren't enough specific. :(

There are a few alternatives listed here: Open links in new tabs

Sorry again, Xircal. I've been taking a look at several add-ons from that search results but seems there's no function doing that simple task I'm asking for.

I think there's problem could be solved by an advanced configuration at about:config, but I have no idea. :(

There's a list and explanation of each of them here in case it helps: About Config entries

Chosen Solution

You can't do this without an extension otherwise via Ctrl left click or a middle click.


cor-el,

Let me reply to you this way:

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP...

Fantastic. Thank you so much. Solved it. F**k yeah! :)