silverlight stopped working for netflix on ff; it worked this a.m. & currently works on IE.
When attempting to watch a movie on Netflix, I get an error "Silverlight Installation Problem Error Code: 2104". I was watching the same movie earlier today without error; I paused the movie & closed the browser. When I came back to it a few hours later, I got the error above. I uninstalled & reinstalled twice per the instructions provided by Netflix. After the 2nd time, I tried running the movie on IE and it works without error.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
I was watching a movie on Netflix earlier today; it uses Silverlight. I paused the movie & closed the browser. When I came back to it this afternoon, I get an error "Silverlight Installation Problem
Error Code: 2104". I uninstalled & reinstalled twice. After the 2nd time, I tried running the movie on IE and it works without error. I have verifed the plugin is enabled in FF.
I discovered the problem the new downloads are from microsoft.com but the one I downloaded in March was from netflix.com. I reinstalled the one with netflix.com & it worked. Not sure why but that would explain why it only worked with IE.
I was able to get it working by waiting for the installation error to display, then clicking f5 to refresh instead of the browser refresh button. Plenty of other weird things are showing with other websites too but only on FF so I'll keep removing & reinstalling various updates...ugh.