How do I get Firefox to recognize my new default printer as the old default printer is no longer connected?
I have installed a new default printer in my computer which is running Windows XP Pro. When I try to print from the browser it keeps showing the old printer which is no longer connected to the computer. Every other program has recognized the new default printer. The Control Panel indicates that the new printer is the default.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Yesterday when I tried to print from Firefox from my wife's computer.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Don't know where to begin as everything else seems to be fine....
You can force Firefox into forgetting the old printer.
- Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
- Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
- Locate the preference print.print_printer, right-click on it and choose Reset
- Restart Firefox
THIS WORKED GREAT! THANK YOU!