Will I lose my saved passwords if I upgrade to 4.0?
I want to upgrade to Firefox 4.0, but I don't want to lose the passwords that my current version (3.0.13) has saved. Will this be a problem if I do upgrade, or will 4.0 retain my previously saved passwords?
You shouldn't lose your passwords when upgrading to Firefox 4.0, but you are "skipping over" 3.5 and 3.6 so you should back up your entire Firefox Profile just-in-case. Version to the next version updates present the least number of problems, but skipping over two major versions can sometimes cause data loss.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Logitech Device Detection
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You shouldn't lose your passwords when upgrading to Firefox 4.0, but you are "skipping over" 3.5 and 3.6 so you should back up your entire Firefox Profile just-in-case. Version to the next version updates present the least number of problems, but skipping over two major versions can sometimes cause data loss.
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. :)