How to get rid of an error message?
I downloaded the new Firefoxy4, and each time I open it I get a message window that says: Type Error:Components.classes[@mozilla.org/extension/manager:1] is undefined. and asks to press the OK button. When pressed Firefox 4 opens. How do I get rid of the error message?
This is probably due to an add-on that is not compatible with Firefox 4. For details of how to troubleshoot that see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Troubleshooting+extensions+and+themesRead this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
This is probably due to an add-on that is not compatible with Firefox 4. For details of how to troubleshoot that see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Troubleshooting+extensions+and+themes
Thanks TonyE That worked a treat. Cheers Lawandra