Upgraded to 3.6.16 now New Tab function won't work
Firefox did the automatic update to 3.6.16 and now it won't allow me to open a new tab. Page just refreshes if you choose 'File'-New Tab, and clicking on the tab icon doesn't result in anything. Have not noticed anything else that could be affecting how Firefox is working.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110319 AskTbMP3R7/22.214.171.12490 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Uninstall the Ask toolbar and it should work again. There is a compatibility issue with the Ask toolbar and Firefox that prevents new tabs from being opened.
There are a couple of places to check for the Ask toolbar:
- Check the Windows Control panel for the Ask Toolbar - http://about.ask.com/apn/toolbar/docs/default/faq/en/ff/index.html#na4
- Also check your list of extensions, you may be able to uninstall it from there - https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Uninstalling+add-ons
I downloaded Babylon Dictionary and couldn't click on command buttons or tabs so I uninstalled it and also had to go "Tools" then "Add-ons" and then "Extentions" and remove all the Babylon programs.
After restarting Mozilla, I could once again use the command buttons and tabs.
Hope this helps everyone who's has similar issues. RB