Weather.com interactive radar map won't load
I rely on Weather.com's interactive radar map to tell me what rain in my area is doing.
But for the past several weeks, it won't load. Instead of loading immediately like it used to, loading is delayed and I then get a message saying "We're sorry for the delay. A basic weather map is provided below. Please refresh this page to try loading the interactive map again."
What do I need to do to get it working again?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Open Containing Folder
New Tabs at the End
Open Tab Count
HP Smart Web Printing
RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin
Ad Muncher Browser Extensions
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
atiu9p64 atiuxp64 atiu9pag atiuxpag atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
true (6.1.7601.17563, font cache n/a)
Google Inc. -- ANGLE -- OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 0.0.0.541)
GPU Accelerated Windows
1/1 Direct3D 10
It turns out that all you need to do is go to:
Options/Content/Block pup-up windows/Exceptions
and add weather.com to the exceptions list.
Just tried that, no effect. I didn't even have block pop-ups enabled before enabling it and trying that to see if it would work.
Weather.com and intellicast.com interactive maps quit working for me with the most recent (2012-June) update(s) to v13. Guess I may have to drop Firefox as the solution is clearly elusive and Mozilla site (and google searches) have proved useless. Suggestions I have found to date are useless and its quite nutty that an update to this browser would cause such a headache! Changing pop-up block had no effect. Checked on my firewall/security. Not it. Reinstalled Java. Not it. Note that the interactive maps on both sites work fine on Chrome and IE. Time to leave Firefox I suppose...
You're replying to a thread that is over a year old. You should use https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new where volunteers can get more details about your setup.
Because this thread is so old and more people might start using it for their own questions, I'm going to lock it.