I installed Firefox 4, but I keep getting the message NOT RESPONDING
When I try to open it, it doesn't load past the Menu Bar, and when I try clicking on any of the options, I get the message NOT RESPONDING on the menu bar. I restarted my machine, but it keeps doing the same. So, I had to reinstall again my older version of Firefox. What might be causing this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Macromedia Authorware Web Player Netscape plug-in, version 2004
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DjVu Plug-In(external version 18.104.22.1684)
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 104
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX® Web Player
- Fun Web Products Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ImageShackToolbar/5.2.4
Hi, i had the exact same problem with FF4, it got so bad that it would "not respond" near enough every click of the mouse, i could not find help anywhere, so many solutions from people who reproted the same problem, but none of them worked,, malwarebytes and kaspesky both reported no viruses, i started FF4 in safe mode, the same thing, i then started it over and over uninstalling one addon ata a time until i removed all of my addons, but it still kept happening, fortunately i found my own solution, i upgraded to FF5.5 Beta, that was 3 days ago, ive not had a problem since, i hope that this solution may work for you too. it would appear that this is just a FF4 problem, good luck.