Can't open new tabs; no Ask toolbar
I can't open any blank tabs, but I can right click and open a link in a new tab. I haven't changed anything, and I don't have the Ask toolbar at all, which is the only answer I could find on the forums, so it doesn't help in my case.
If it works in Firefox's safe mode try the following directions to find the problematic extension Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problemsRead this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Google Update
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- WildTangent Games App Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110303 AskTbMP3R7/126.96.36.19990 Firefox/3.6.15
Does this work if you start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
Right click anywhere on a toolbar. Select Customize... In the dialog box that appears, drag the button that says "New tab" to the tab bar. Check out the screenshot below...
Yes, it works in Safemode. And I already have the new tab button on, it just doesn't work.
Does double-clicking on the blank space next to the tab work? You could also hit Ctrl+T to open a new tab.
If it works in Firefox's safe mode try the following directions to find the problematic extension Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
Thanks, I found what was messing it up~!
What was causing trouble? If you remember we would love to know.
Hm, in "customize" I have only "new window", not "new tab". I'm looking for a little blank mini-tab at the ready, sitting there next to my open tabs, like in IE.
Do you see the + on the tab bar to open a new tab if you open the customize window?
If not then click the "Restore Default Set" button.
When I tryed this all I could find was new window, there was no New Tab so how do I get new tab back, and I also clicked restore defaults as well
You can find the New Tab button showing as a '+' on the Tab bar.
You can open the Customize window and drag the New Tab button that shows as a plus sign (+) from the Tab bar on another toolbar and it will become a regular toolbar button like the New Tab button that you have in Firefox 3 versions.
If you can't find the New Tab button then click the "Restore Default Set" button in the Customize window.
If you want the New Tab button at the far right end of the Tab bar then place a flexible space to the left of it.