How do I get my addons back?
I restarted Firefox in Safe mode to troubleshoot what I thought was a problem (turned out it was just a new way of doing things in Firefox 4), and when I exited Safe mode, and started Firefox most of my addons where missing. My customized toolbar buttons are gone, and so is my Download Helper addon. How do I get things back to normal? Thanks.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I restarted Firefox after exiting Safe Mode
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1680
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.0, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
I'm using Firefox 4, and my OS is Windows XP sp3.
- Open your Firefox profile folder, for details of how to access it see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Profiles
- Close Firefox
- Delete extensions.cache, extensions.ini, extensions.rdf and extensions.sqlite, when you restart Firefox this will force Firefox to rebuild the list of installed add-ons
Thanks TonyE, I'll try that.
You probably won't find extensions.cache and extensions.rdf if that Profile has only been run with 4.0. Those files were used in Firefox 3.0 - 3.6 versions, 4.0 replaced those files with extensions.sqlite.