Youtube will not work
I can watch youtube videos just fine on Internet Explorer. I can watch youtube videos on Mozilla Firefox IF they are on another website. I can NOT view youtube videos on the actual youtube website.
So, say on facebook, my friend has a video posted from youtube. I can watch it on Facebook, but when I click the video so I can watch it on Youtube, the video will not come up. It's just a black box where the video normally would be.
If anyone can help me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110303 AskTbFWV5/184.108.40.20619 Firefox/3.6.15 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Answers in this forum have shown different things have worked for different people.
For some clearing YouTube cookies and the cache solved the problem. For details of how to do that see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Deleting+cookies and https://support.mozilla.com/kb/How+to+clear+the+cache
Others had to go a step further after deleting YouTube cookies and block YouTube from saving cookies. In the Tools menu select Options to open the Options window. Go to the Privacy panel and make sure it is set to "Use custom setting for history". Click the Exceptions button, type in http://www.youtube.com and click on Block
Another option is to disable hardware acceleration for Flash. To do that right-click on a Flash video, select Settings, go to the first tab of the settings for the option to enable/disable hardware acceleration for Flash. This is something recommended by YouTube for those having problems - http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?&answer=1209379
You can also try changing to the secure YouTube site, https://www.youtube.com