If i use private browsing at home with my own ISP can my employer still track the websites i visit if i use a work laptop?
If i use private browsing at home with my own ISP can my employer still track the websites i visit if i use a work laptop? It says your employer can still track web visits. If yes, how can I delete permanently my viewing history?
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Microgaming Flash Casino Helper Control 22.214.171.124 For more information click here.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
They will only be able to track the websites if they have installed some sort of web monitoring application on your laptop. In private browsing mode Firefox will not have stored any details of the sites visited.
Thanks Tonye, the machine has sophos virus protection, would this have web monitoring software or do you know the names of some common ones or how could i find out?