When I open a new tab a web search powered by bing opens up, they used to come up blank...how can I change it back to coming up blank or a web search powered by google?
When I open a new tab a web search powered by Bing opens up in the tab, they used to come up blank...how can I change it back to coming up blank or a web search powered by Google?
Additional System Details
This started when...
a couple weeks ago and not sure why
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- SOE Web Installer
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110218 Firefox/3.6.14 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) SearchToolbar/1.2
I tried setting up a new profile and the new profile did not do it but I do not want to go through the hassle of moving all the old info to the new profile. I do not have any plug ins for Bing but also not sure if it is a plug in that goes by a name I was not familiar with. I don't remember adding any plug ins for the past couple of months, maybe longer.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.