Tried to download 3.6.14, error message:disk image failed to mount due to corrupt images.
I am using Mac OSX, version 10.3.9 and Firefox 18.104.22.168. I get messages to upgrade Firefox to 3.6.14. I follow the prompts to download. When it finishes an icon appears on the desktop labeled Firefox 3.6.14.dmg. When I double click on it I get a warning message "The following disk image failed to mount, reason: corrupt image."
Additional System Details
This started when...
Every time I try to upgrade Firefox.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/126.96.36.199
The last version of Firefox that works on OS X 10.3.9 is Firefox 188.8.131.52 available from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/184.108.40.206/mac/en-US/
If you try to install a later version you get the error about corrupt images.
Thank you. That makes sense now.