How to delete temporary internet files
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110121 Firefox/3.5.17
"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
Unfortunatly, that doesn't show up on my version of FF or I am just not seeing it. I don't have a Tools button. Where is it located, because I am not seeing it.
Thank you in advance
On which platform are you?
Instead of Tools > Options use:
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
- Windows: Firefox > Options
Press F10 if the menu bar is hidden on Windows and Linux or use "Firefox > Options/Preferences"
Modified by curiouscardinal
Also Firefox does not use the temporary internet files that IE uses but rather a Cache.
You can type about:cache in Location (address) bar to view and see where it is located.
For the complete list of files Firefox download to the computer you can see by typing about:cache on your address bar. It will show you exact file names, storage in use, number of entires and exact location with sizes and dates. Attached example