ADOBE FLASH PLAYER CRASHES DURING DOWNLOAD/INSTALL
i ALREADY HAVE THE LATEST ADOBE FLASH PLAYER INSTALLED AND WORKING IN INTERNET EXPLORER. i RECENTLY ADDED FIREFOX BECAUSE OF BAD MALWARE OUT THERE BUT I CAN'T GET THE ADOBE FLAS PLAYER TO WORK IN FIREFOR. MAYBE HTHERE'S A WAT TO GET IT INTO FIREFOS WIHTOUT DOWNLOADING IT? I TRIED DOWNLOADING IT SEVERAL TIMES BUT IT ALWAYS CRASHES. ADOBE TECHS COULN'T FIGURE IT OUT.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I TRIED TO USE FLASH PLAYER IN FIREFOX
WHAT CAME WITH FIREFOX
- User Agent:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR
DSL HI SPEED INTERNET
There are 2 versions of Adobe Flash:
- a plugin version for Firefox and most other browsers, except IE
- an ActiveX version for IE
When updating Adobe Flash, you must update both, separately. In Firefox, Tools > Add-ons > Plugins and on the "Plugin Check" page it is shown as "Shockwave Flash", the name given to it by Adobe.
- Check your plugin versions: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Note: plugin check page does not have information on all plugin versions
- Update or Install the Flash plugin to the latest version.
- Download and SAVE to your Desktop so you can find the installer later
- If you do not have the current version, click on the "Player Download Center" link on the "Download and information" or "Download Manual installers" below
- After download is complete, exit Firefox
- Click on the installer you just downloaded and install
- Windows 7 and Vista: may need to right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator"
- Start Firefox and check your version again or test the installation by going back to the download link below
- Download and information: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- Use Firefox to go to the above site to update the Firefox plugin (will also install plugin for most other browsers; except IE)
- Use IE to go to the above site to update the IE ActiveX
- Download Manual installers.
- Note separate links for:
- Plugin for Firefox and most other browsers
- ActiveX for IE
Modified by Helper7677