Win 7 Firefox 3.6.13, new tab won't open when clicked, on desktop or laptop.
I cannot open a new tab in Firefox 3.6.13, running Windows 7. It doesn't work on my desktop, or my laptop. When I click on the "+" to add a tab, or right click on it and choose "New Tab", nothing happens.
'AskToolbar' extension is causing the issue. You can disable it in Tools, Add-ons, Extensions, and restart Firefox.Read this answer in context 37
Additional System Details
This started when...
Within the last couple of weeks, maybe since an update?
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 AskTbARS/18.104.22.16890 Firefox/3.6.13
'AskToolbar' extension is causing the issue. You can disable it in Tools, Add-ons, Extensions, and restart Firefox.
That was quick, and correct! Thanks. I had removed the toolbar from the view, but forgot to go and uninstall it. It got dropped on me when I wasn't paying attention. Thanks again.
The issue seems to have been resolved.
tederer, please close the thread so that 'solution chosen by....' line appears below the first post.
I don't have an AskToolbar, nor a Yahoo toolbar. Between updating Firefox to 3.6.13, and MS Patch Tuesday last night, I cannot use right click to open a new window. I can open a link using right click and 'in new Tab' -- but I don't LIKE tabs! Lots of links on various pages won't open at all (it may be all of the links, I haven't tried ALL of them).
I tried reverting to 3.6.12, and the same problem occurred. Does that mean it came from Microsoft? Re-updated to 3.6.13 and it remains broken. So frustrated I want to cry!
Thank you. I can't believe the cure was this easy. Worked instantly.