When I click on hypertext on websites nothing happens
Hypertext should take you to another site or open email. Yet when I click on hypertext on any website, nothing happens at all.
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- MSN® Toolbar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 AskTbSGV/22.214.171.12419 Firefox/3.6.13 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Actually now that I look closer it's only Email hypertext that doesn't work. Hypertext that takes you to another website works fine. If I use IE, the email hypertext works fine also. I just tried Firefox in safe mode and it still doesn't work. I'm going to have to go back to IE if I can't get this resolved. Help!!! Tom
There is usually a toolbar button in the editor to turn a text link into a clickable hyperlink (look for a chain like button).
You can select the text and click that button to turn the link into a clickable hyperlink. If you can't find the button then hover them all to check the tooltip of each.
- Make Link - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/142
Let me give a more specific example. If you go to this website: http://www.analogman.com/ at the bottom left on the page you'll see a link that says email@example.com When I click on the link in firefox I get nothing. When I click on the link in IE it brings up my Outlook Express email so that I can send an email to Mike. Any thoughts? Thanks, Tom