Can i uninstall firefox 3 now that i have gotten firefox 4?
I recently installed Mozilla Firefox 4 beta but firefox 3 is still on my computer. Can i safely uninstall 3 without deleting my bookmarks, which seem to have carried over into 4 quite nicely, or altering my other preferences?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1992
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b11) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b11
Preferences are saved in Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data, so you can uninstall Firefox 3 without problem.
Be aware that Firefox 4 is still in Beta phase and the latest stable version of Firefox is 3.6.