Programatically change proxy settings from an external application
Using pref.js or a pac file suggests that firefox will only load settings when it opens. I would like to manipulate settings from an external program, and have firefox reload them instantly when I change them.
I have an external application and with it i want to change proxy settings and have firfox use them instantly.
Can this be accomplished? From the registry maybe...?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This is beta software available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_12
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2009020414 CentOS/3.0.6-1.el5.centos Firefox/3.0.6
I have this same problem....has anybody come up with a solution? Are there other browsers that will automatically update the proxy settings?