Live bookmark feeds all fail to load.
Whenever I try to open one of my RSS feeds, I get the message "Live bookmark feed failed to load." This happens with every one of my live bookmarks. Restarting and reinstalling have not helped. I can right-click and manually reload them, but that sort of defeats the purpose of live bookmarks.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
I ran safe mode and that didn't work. I've been watching this forum, and wondering if anyone found a solution.
I actually figured out my problem. My computer's date and time had been screwed up, and they have to match the timestamps (if that's the right term) on the RSS entries. Hope someone else finds this useful.
Modified by MacFall
I started having this problem when I took my laptop to another time zone. Now that I am back in my original time zone, do you have any idea how to fix the problem?
Oops, never mind--I "discovered" that I have to delete the original feed and resubscribe. What a pain!!
You might try right click on the RSS feed, and scroll down to "reload live Bookmark". Although, I had to manually go to the web page, and add the bookmark feed, then delete the old one.
The main problem I have with Firefox 4 is that when I open a new tab, sometimes it "hangs", and takes a minute or so to load. I found a thread about this problem, and might have to reinstall Firefox.
On FF0X 12.0 with Mac OS 10.6.8. Same behavior, all live bookmarks now fail to load. Started a few days ago. Restarted with safe mode / all plugins disabled as described earlier in the thread but doesn't seem to have an effect on the live bookmark loading.
any news on this?