the new version of AOL has taken over my Firefox and I now have no Firefox bar, e.g tools etc, How do I get rid of AOL from Firfox/ Mozilla
I use AOL for email etc. Just downloaded the new edition, 9.6. It has taken over my Firefox/Mozilla page. When I upload Firefox/Mozilla it goes to AOL. It blocks out the bar at the top so that I cannot use tools etc.
I cannot get rid of AOL as I cannot get to tools. How can I get rid of AOL from my Firefox/Mozilla account
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
It started two days ago when I downloaded AOL 9.6
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
- In Firefox 3.6 versions on Windows and Firefox 4 on Windows and Linux it's possible to hide the "Menu Bar" via "View > Toolbars" or via the right-click context menu of a toolbar.
- Press F10 or press and hold the Alt key down to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily.
- Go to "View > Toolbars" or right-click the "Menu Bar" or press Alt+V T to select which toolbars to show or hide (click on an entry to toggle the state).
The problem is not just the tool bar--it's the whole AOL home page appearing. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT? I even took AOL off the computer and their homepage still appeared when I opened FireFox. I re-added it, hoping that somehow a new version would correct the problem: wrong, of course.
I had this problem and AOL did not show up as a toolbar. I started disabling toolbars until AOL went away. It ended up that a Dlink toolbar had aol hidden in it. I then removed the Dlink toolbar and no more AOL.