I have to paste/special/text when copying from Firefox and pasting in Word or Excel
When copying data from a table on IE, I just have to paste (ctrl-v), and the data is pasted into appropriate separate cells.
In Firefox, I have to "paste special" and click "text" to separate the fields. Otherwise, all the data is pasted into a single cell or in the case of Word, one paragraph.
Is there a setting that can be designated to allow paste as in IE or as within Word or Excel?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I downloaded Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Picasa plugin
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
The Dafizilla Table2Clipboard extension should help with this.