Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I need an earlier version of Firefox compatible with Mac OS9

zauggs

I am trying to use my older iMacs as research stations with my library program. I need a version of Firefox that is compatible with OS9 so I can connect with my data station. Where can I download the correct version?

I am trying to use my older iMacs as research stations with my library program. I need a version of Firefox that is compatible with OS9 so I can connect with my data station. Where can I download the correct version?

All Replies (2)

No version of Firefox ever worked on Mac OS 9. I believe the last Mozilla browser to work on OS 9 was Mozilla 1.2.1 available from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.2.1/

Mozilla 1.2.1 pre-dates Firefox, it is from December 2002.

Another browser to consider is Classilla, available from http://www.floodgap.com/software/classilla/