Links in email program (Thunderbird) open in seperate Firefox window instead of one open
If Firefox is open and I click on a link in Thunderbird it opens in a new Firefox window without any of my tabs open. In Firefox I have selected open new windows in a new tab. The new window only has the one tab in it. (The link address) If Foxfire is closed it will open into the main window with all my other tabs. In order to have any links open into the main Foxfire, I have to close Foxfire after viewing each link.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
After updating to 3.6.12
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
I don't know if there is a solution for opening external links in the same window.
A workaround is to tear-off (drag) that tab to the tab bar in the other window.
You can try Tab Mix Plus.
- Tab Mix Plus : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1122
The links I click are in my email program Thunderbird. Before the update when I clicked on a link in Thunderbird it opened into the Foxfire that was open. Not in a new window. I use TooManyTabs. There is not a tab to tear off to the other window
Quote: There is not a tab to tear off to the other window
Tools > Options > Tabs: [X] "Always show the tab bar"
What tear off the tab in Thunderbird and move it to Foxfire? I don't think you understand what I am saying. IF Foxfire is open links in my emails open a new window in Foxfire so that if I click on 10 links in my email I have 10 Foxfire windows open instead of one Foxfire with 10 tabs.