what is this: Script: chrome://global/content/bindings/general.xml:0
I recently upgraded to the new Firefox and now receive a message of a Script file is not loading. Script: chrome://global/content/bindings/general.xml:0
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Do a clean (re)install:
- Download a fresh Firefox copy from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html and save the file to the desktop.
- Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer.
- Don't remove personal data if you uninstall the current version.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
The jury's still out, but I seem to have solved the problem by uninstalling the Chrome browser (through add/remove programs) and--very important--rebooting.