Why does Firefox automatically open a new tab and repeatedly goes to the same specific web page? I do not have this webpage in my "favorites" folders.
I have my browser open, working or reading email and BOOM, another tab opens and it is always the same web page. Why is Firefox opening a new tab without any input from me? I do not have the suspect web page saved as a "Favorite". Nothing is showing up on any bug/virus/spyware/...et.al. programs. WHERE is this pita hiding??? `
I have the problem too. in my case it's caused by an add-on i installed recently. the add-on's name is Personas Rotator. i just disable the add-on and everything's back to normal. just check your recent add-on, disable it and see if the problem persist.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
A few times a week
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- BitCometAgent v1.19 for Firefox
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 SearchToolbar/1.2
The SearchToolbar/1.2 that messed with your UserAgent might be the cause of that problem. Try some troubleshooting.
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode?
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
I just deleted a plug-in called "data manager", and the problem is solved.
I do not have "data manager" running. I have the following Plug-ins running: Adobe Acrobat BitComitAgent Google Earth Plugin
QuickTime Pug-in 7.6.9 Shockware Flash Silverlight Plug-In Veetle TV Core Veetle TV Player Windows Media Player Plug-in dynamic Link Library Windows Presentation Foundation
I have the problem too. in my case it's caused by an add-on i installed recently. the add-on's name is Personas Rotator. i just disable the add-on and everything's back to normal. just check your recent add-on, disable it and see if the problem persist.
Modified by wahab
Thank you.. I disabled the add-on's and it seemed to have solved the problem. I will add them back one at a time to find the culprit.