Firefox is not opening
Hi, I had been using Firefox since many years, but recently I am facing problem with this. When ever I try to open Firefox I get a message saying "The application or DLL c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\MOZCRT19.dll is not a valid Windows image. Pleas check thsis against your installation diskette." and Firefox crashes automatically.
I could not use Firefox now, please help me. I feel comfortable working with firefox.
Awaiting your quick response.
Thaks & Regards, Dinesh
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_15 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100723 Epic/1.1 Firefox/3.6.7
Since a file in the installation appears to be corrupt, try performing a clean re-install
- Download the latest version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.com/
- Uninstall Firefox, but do not select the setting "Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations"
- Delete the Firefox Installation directory, default location on 32 bit Windows is C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
- Re-install Firefox
The above process does not delete the bookmarks, passwords and other user data. To be safe you can back them up first, for details see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup
Modified by TonyE