How do I expand file size storage limit in cache? Current file limit seems to be about 65 mb.
I'm interest in storing .flv files permanently but if the file is larger than about 65mb, the Firefox cache won't store anymore than that. How can I adjust Firefox cache so that it stores a larger file?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_05 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100914 AskTbATU3/18.104.22.16804 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.10
You can increase your cache size from Tools>Options>Advanced>Network panel. This should solve your problem.
Thank you. I did adjust the storage capacity where you said, which I assume relates to the total the folder will store, but individual files in the folder, like a movie clip, still stop at about 65mb. They won't download any larger than that for a single file.
You can't do that in Firefox 3.6.
It should be possible to do that in the next 4.0 version of Firefox, but current versions store maximum of about 64 MB for one file.
See Bug 559729 – Meta-bug: improve HTTP cache
(please do not comment in bug reports)