When I start Firefox I receive this error message: The proxy server is refusing connections. How can I fix this.
My internet connection is through WiFi and my other computer can access the internet with Firefox. I am currently using Flock as the only browser that will work on my computer. Help!!! I have worked with my internet provider and my internet connection is working properly. I have been using Firefox on this computer with this Wifi connection on this internet provider since May 2010 with no problems.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I tried to open Firefox Thursday, September 23, 2010.
- Default Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Classic Java Plug-in 1.6.0_14 for Netscape and Mozilla
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168; nse) Gecko/20081107 Firefox/22.214.171.124 Flock/1.2.7
Did you check the connection settings?
See "Firefox connection settings" in Server Not Found - Troubleshoot connection problems
You can find the connection settings in "Tools > Options > Advanced : Network : Connection" If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then select No Proxy