delete emails + other erroneous info from drop down menus??
I'd like to erase some erroneous and OLD email addresses from the Firefox drop down menus. My current email address is typed incorrectly a number of times and keeps popping up ! Any idea how this is easily done? With thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 07076003
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.5.12
You can do that if you visit the website and left-click the field to open the drop down list. Highlight, but do not click, the item that you want to remove and press the Delete key (Shift + Delete on Mac).
That works! Thank u much for the assist. Firefox is my favorite browser on a Mac.
Modified by debr
I tried what 1899 solutions suggested but it didn't work--- I have a PC and my son changed his email address, I deleted his address from my contacts however, it still shows in the drop down menu when I go to type in his name for a new email message. How do I delete his OLD email address from the drop down menu?
Highlight the entry in the drop down list and press the Delete key (on Mac Shift + Delete) to remove that entry.