This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
RealJukebox NS Plugin RealJukebox Netscape Plugin and Unknown plugin Research Plugin Icon RealPlayer Version Plugin 126.96.36.1992 can't be disabled
RealJukebox NS Plugin, RealPlayer Version Plugin 188.8.131.522, and Realplayer G2 Live Connect-Enabled Plugin are listed among my plugins but I don't know how they got there. When I check my plug-ins for updates they say 'Research', so I don't know whether they're outdated.There is no button to uninstall them, and when I click on the disable button, they appear to be disabled but next time I open Firefox they are enabled again.
All Replies (2)
The only solution I can think of is persistently disable them. I also deleted the plugins from program files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins (WinXP)
A Procedure to Remove RealJukeBox from FireFox and Your System
I contacted the Customer Help group at http://real.custhelp.com and they were very helpful. They recommended a clean uninstall of RealPlayer (not RealJukeBox), and gave me this link: http://real.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4723
I have tried this procedure, then written an adaptation to include the recalcitrant RealJukeBox plugin that plagues FireFox. My system uses Windows Vista and Firefox 3.6.13. If you want more details for Steps 1 to 3, go to the link. Warning: If you are not proficient with uninstalling and reinstalling programs, PLEASE get some help.
1. Close FireFox and make sure RealPlayer is closed.
2. Go to your system's Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features. Locate and Uninstall the RealPlayer. Restart your computer to finish the automated uninstall.
3. Delete any folders located at: C:\program files\real\RealPlayer [ Delete the "RealPlayer" folder] C:\program files\common files\real [ Delete the entire "real" folder] C:\users\<your userid>\AppData\Roaming\real\RealPlayer [ Delete the "RealPlayer" folder] [Note: AppData is a hidden folder]
4. If it is still there, delete the "nprjplug.dll" file located at: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\
5. Use this step ONLY IF you know how to use regedit. Backup your system registry/state, then open regedit. Find and delete the folders titled with "RealJukebox*" and "Real*".
6. Restart your computer.
7. Go to http://www.real.com/ to download and Re-install RealPlayer.
RealJukeBox should be gone from FireFox *and* your system. Good luck! Please let me know if you have problems.