Streaming media audio volume too low
Re: Firefox v. 3.6.8. I installed about 3 weeks ago, got necessary plugins for most streaming media. Audio on streaming media (websites whether flash, you tube embedded, adobe, windows media player, etc) worked fine. About 1 week ago, after an update urged by Firefox on opening, sound no longer works properly-----only at very low volume, almost inaudible, on full speaker volume. Playing the same linked media on MS IE, the sound is full volume. Playing all other videos on my computer (Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, Quad Core, Asus Motherboard, 8GB Ram, etc) the audio is fine.
Modified by jake07
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
1-2 weeks ago
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
(Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, Quad Core, Asus Motherboard, 8GB Ram, etc) the audio is fine.
This article might help: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Flash-based+videos+and+sound+do+not+play+correctly
Thanks for y0ur helpful reply. Installing the very latest Adobe Flash, helped a little bit, as volume is a little bit louder; at least now it is audible. Some of the other suggestions linked on that page, referring to options and privacy settings, as to settings and cookie exclusions, were not accessible for me, based on the instructions in the Firefox help. I think the suggestions might be useful, if I could figure out how to apply them.
Clear the Flash cookies and settings.
Flash Website Storage Settings panel:
See also Flash Local storage settings
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\
Vista: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\