Some webpages, like You Tube, and firefox add-ons pages, do not recognize my firefox version, and require me to update firefox. Why?
Youtube reports that: Your browser is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a modern browser.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- Thunder DapCtrl COM Component FireFox Plugin
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/18.104.22.168 GoogleToolbarFF GoogleToolbarFF GoogleToolbarFF
It looks like you are using an older version that isn't supported by some websites any longer - 22.214.171.124. What version do you think you have installed?
Check for updates by going to help | Check for updates. If a new version is available, please download it. See Update Firefox to the latest release
Modified by Shawn